The Media & Learning Conference 2016 will be held on 10–11 March at the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training in Brussels. Organised under the banner title of Enriching learning through media education and media literacy, Media & Learning will be all about sharing ideas, comparing experiences and building robust solutions to create learning that matters.
This sixth annual edition of the conference is aimed at teachers, practitioners, content-creators, service-providers and policy-makers and will build on the success of previous Media & Learning Conferences which have each attracted 300 people from all over Europe. The programme this year will feature inspiring keynotes, broad-ranging discussions, specialist master classes, and practical demos as well as the awards ceremony for the annual MEDEA Awards.
The core themes that will underpin the programme are:
• Media literacy and radicalization
• Social media policies and practices
• Media literacy in practice
• Innovative use of video in MOOCs
• Making media matter for science education
• Providers and platforms for media education and media literacy at scale
• Special needs education supported by media and digital tools
• Using media in Higher Education
• The role of media in cultural education
• Pedagogically effective use of media and film in schools
• Building design thinking skills through making games
Pre-conference workshops are also planned including a full day workshop on 9 March on the Use of Video in Higher Education.
Find out more here.