How to launch a MOOC on the EMMA platform?
If you are a teacher or content provider, you are also welcome to be part of EMMA, please go to this page for more information.
How to follow a MOOC on EMMA?
Following a MOOC on EMMA is simple! All you have to do is choose the MOOC(s) that interest you and register. There is no obligation, just go ahead and give it a try!
Why get involved in the first round of EMMA users?
EMMA is a 30-month pilot action that aims to promote real cross-cultural and multi-lingual learning. Feedback and ideas from learners like you are important for us to shape a high quality platform to meet our learners’ needs.
This is the pilot stage, so what are available at the moment are a number of features that have been meticulously chosen to deliver the EMMA vision. As more courses are unveiled over the coming months, more features will be included.
We are counting on you as learners to give us feedback about your experience and suggest improvements. Get in touch with us and we’ll do our best to take on board as many as we can.
As a leading testbed member we will make sure that your institution has visibility on our website and a special place in our hearts as well as in our future initiatives.
Summer School 2015: learning how to launch your own MOOC
The Summer School took place from 4-11 July on the beautiful island of Ischia in Italy. Aimed at anyone interested in setting up and running a MOOC, the course included sessions about:
- How to choose a MOOC approach that best suits your resources and pedagogical objectives
- How to design your MOOC according to best practice and sound instructional design principles
- How to prepare your content for uploading, translation and transcription
- How to deliver your MOOC to take advantage of the different functionalities
- How to use the monitoring and analytical functionalities of the platform to evaluate the success of your MOOC from both the learner and the provider perspective.
This summer school is being organised together with Federica Weblearning platform & The European Association for Technology Enhanced Learning (JTEL) and is running alongside the JTEL summer school with which it is sharing a number of exchange and collaboration opportunities.